Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thing #52: Share Your Interests with Pinterest

I first heard about Pinterest when I attended Women of Faith this past summer. Patsy Clairmont talked about how addicted she was to it, and I thought, "Hmm... I easily become addicted to things, especially where the Internet is concerned. I'll give Pinterest a go!" It's true, it IS addictive.

I haven't had a need to use Pinterest in my "work" life, per se. But I have been using for my own personal interests. I'm kind of hoping this will help me with some of the chaos that I feel has started taking over, with regard to cooking (I've got cook books galore and stray recipes all over the place) and knitting/crocheting ideas (I tend to start a project and not finish it, but the most fun part is finding ideas online!), etc. I think it can also be helpful when planning a family vacation or maybe creating a gift wish-list (for oneself and/or for other family members). I've only been using Pinterest a little bit so far, but I foresee myself using it more and more. However, I don't think it'll get to a point where Pinterest will replace Facebook, for me. They're both very social, I agree, but there are still so many more facets to Facebook......

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to find a use for Pinterest myself. However, my wife made a great dinner based on a pinterest-found recipe the other night so I suppose I'm reaping some benefit from the service ;-)

    Also, please don't forget to leave comments over on http://nlcblogs.nebraska.gov/nelearns pointing back to your posts here. It's via those comments that we track who gets CE credit.

    ReplyDelete